Pages

Friday 8 September 2017

Kapa haka reflection

IALT:Reflect on when I was at Kapa haka

Image result for kapa haka
Today we have just finished Kapa Haka.It starts from 11:30 to 12:30 it is an hour long and what we do is learn we songs and answer question when we are split up in our groups.
One group is called Ahia and the other group name is Pukimahi.Kapa Haka is every Tuesday After morning tea.This is a reflection about Kapa haka I will also be talking about what was the challenge and what I learnt new. 

Something I have learnt is that you don't have to be maori to be in the Kapa Haka group it is just about be respectful for other cultures and trying something new everyday.Kapa haka gives me a chance to practice my skills on the maori culture and try to learn something new.

Something I need to focus on is to try and create more reflections about kapa haka and Something else I need to focus on is to try more cultural groups so that I can remember these moments with friends and teachers.One more thing I need to focus on is to try and make it a career.

Some challenges I have faced were trying to answer the questions in kapa haka because they are really hard to answer because she tells us the answer and then 10 minutes later she asks that the answer to her question and I forget it.Another challenge I have faced was trying sing the maori songs because some of them I do not know.

Image result for maori
Maori language is very important because the maori language is dying because not much people is speaking it when they came to New Zealand they are speaking Full Maori then when they meet a English person that english person will not understand the maori so the english person will teach the maori person how to speak english and that is why we need to try and speak it more.

Thank you for reading my reflection on the topic Kapa Haka reflection please leave some advice for EG:Feedback or feedback and may you please,please leave a comment.
Thanks:).


1 comment:

  1. Hi there Kira, first of all I like the structure of your blog post. When you put it into paragraphs it makes it more easier to read and it looks like you put in a lot of time to think about it. I do agree with you, you don’t have to be Maori to join Kapa Haka, because you can learn new things about different cultures. But I know that if you try and keep going, you can learn the songs you don’t know and someday teach other people.

    Something you should work on next time is proofreading your work, I spotted a few errors in your work.

    But besides that keep up the good work Toko.

    ReplyDelete