Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2015

the moment I was brave

On my training day for I step in ring to spar my uncle. As we touched   gloves we prepared to fight.  The timer started straight away.  I  used my favourite  combination in the first round. He punched me and I was going to drop tears on the ring but instead I just kept going and I said to myself never give never give never up.


As we were sparring I felt there were butterflies in stomach. So when my uncle tried to punch me  I weaved the pouch and then I hit his body 2 times he felt tired. So I  hooked his left and his hand was down  I hooked him across the face as I chopped(kick to the shinn) him. As he slowly fell down he said “I don't want to spar” because he was too tired he couldn’t walk.


When we were finished sparring I felt like the happiest boy because my uncle's heart was torn apart. He told himself ‘how could I let my nephew knock me down to the ground?’.Then his trainer said “you have to work a little bit harder on your technique”.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kira, I love the way you have described the butterflies in your stomach as you stepped into the ring. It does take a lot of bravery to do something even though you are feeling nervous. It is so great to see you enjoying writing and sharing your work with others. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete